If you need urgent help from the police - or an ambulance:- dial 112   
The emergency services have English speaking staff - so start your call by asking for "English Por Favor".

All victims of crime in Spain must report the incident to the Police.
This is called making a
denuncia, and is required by Spanish law for all cases - from bag snatching to serious crimes.

Denuncias can made by phone - in Spanish or English - by dialling  
902 102 112
This is a general emergency number and is VERY useful to know.
Ask for somebody who speaks English - and then explain your problem. They will tell you what to do.

You can also make a denuncia via the official
Spanish Police website - only in Spanish.
You can also make a denuncia by visiting the nearest police station - Comisaría de Policia .

Crimes involving violence will usually have to be reported in person at a police station.
If necessary, and in major incidents, the Police will provide an interpreter.

The easiest way to get around any language problems etc is to enlist the help of your hotel manager.
They can explain what you need to do, and can usually help with filling in Spanish forms etc.

If your passport is stolen...
You must report it to the police first (as above).
Then you will need to contact the nearest
British Consulate to sort out a quick replacement.  
Call the emergency number
902 102 112 and ask to be connected to your nearest Consulate.
The Consulate staff will tell you what to do.

If your Credit/Debit cards are stolen...
You must report it to the police and make a denuncia (as above)
You must also contact your bank asap to have the cards stopped and replacements issued.
You can find a list of British bank and Credit Card company phone numbers

If you have to stay in hospital...
The UK Foreign Office can offer all kinds of help to British nationals.
902 102 112 and ask to be connected with the British Consulate.

If your prescription medication is stolen or lost...
Many UK prescription medicines can be simply bought over the counter in Spanish Pharmacies, and they are usually
very inexpensive, so your first port of call should be the nearest Farmacia. You can also visit a public health centre
using your EHIC card, and ask for a prescription (una receta). If all else fails, you could c
ontact the British Consulate
902 102 112 for help and advice on getting replacement medication.

If someone you are with dies...
Contact the British Consulate via 902 102 112